Join our second Good Food Lewisham open network meeting of this year to discuss the role of food in the response to the cost of living crisis in Lewisham.
The meeting will provide a chance for community food projects and interested individuals, businesses and organisations to meet face-to-face to discuss how we can work collaboratively to respond to food as part of the cost of living crisis.
Cook and Share month starts on 16th October - https://www.fflgettogethers.org/our-events/cook-and-share-month/ - so we would like to invite people to cook and bring something to share at this event, or just bring some fruit or something else easy, ideally healthy but we can have a few treats.
Please email Theresa and/or Helen about the food as they'll be coordinating it: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're bringing food to share it would be great if you could arrive a bit before 4pm if possible. Please bring a list of ingredients. Cold food will be easier as we only have access to a microwave at the venue.
We'll focus on food justice in this session and are planning what to focus on in the next meetings in January and April - this could be food growing, local businesses etc. - your ideas are welcome.
The meeting will include:
- Support currently available in Lewisham for people experiencing food poverty
- Updates around food justice since the meeting in June
- Update on the council's Food Justice Action Plan, which was discussed at the meeting in June and is due to be published in November
- Updates from groups - please get in touch if you've like to have a few minutes to talk about your project and any challenges/solutions - email@example.com
- Identifying how we can work together to find solutions - interactive collaborative sessions
- Networking and informal mutual support
An agenda will be shared closer to the time.
If you have ideas for what you'd like to be included please get in touch.
This event is free and open to anyone with a Lewisham connection. Come for the whole session or drop in when you can.
The venue is accessible with an accessible toilet.
Please sign up via Eventbrite as we need to plan for numbers for food, drinks etc: