St Winifred's School Garden
We had a successful quarterly network meeting on 15th June looking at food growing in schools and projects working with young people and food more generally.
St Winifred's School kindly hosted us and showed us around their amazing garden (see photos).
This is an exciting emerging area of work in the borough with lots of projects happening. The meeting connected people up to find out about each other's work and we'll stay in touch to share resources, funding opportunities, to see how we can work together etc.
Please see the minutes of the meeting below which explains why we chose this topic, outlines lots of local projects, people's ideas for what they'd like to see in the borough and resources.
The main way we're staying touch on this topic is via our food growing WhatsApp group - please get in touch if you'd like to be added.
Resources on Young People and Food Growing / Food Issues
1. List of Lewisham gardens - https://www.goodfoodlewisham.org/post/at-least-46-community-gardens-and-orchards-in-lewisham
This always needs updating – let us know if it needs updating. Do you want us to add your school garden?
2. School Food Matters - https://www.schoolfoodmatters.org/ - awarded garden grants to six Lewisham schools in 2021 and work closely with 12 schools at the moment. I don’t know which these are.
3. Capital Growth - https://www.capitalgrowth.org/schools/
4. Chefs in Schools - https://chefsinschools.org.uk/
5. Right to Food - https://charliannedesigns.wixsite.com/righttofoodlondon
7. End Child Poverty - https://endchildpoverty.org.uk/
Please feel free to circulate more resources or information about your project via the WhatsApp group or via email to us.